Monday, August 30, 2010

Marvin Lee Churney-- Baskin Robbins

Hi Folks-

I know you are saying to yourself “Did you not just make an update?!”
Well yes I did. I made an update about the album progress. But this project is not just about music. That is why it is called “Music With A Cause.”

I wanted to do a separate update about the charity portion of this project. As I have mentioned, portions of the proceeds will be going to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research in the loving memory of my grandfather, Marvin Lee Churney. It was, at this time, 3 years ago today that he passed after his long battle with Parkinson’s. You will continue to hear me say this- but I will not settle to just be a musician. I want to be a musician that will nurture great causes.

One of my greatest memories of my grandfather is that he would take me and my cousins to baskin robbins. It was a ritual everytime we would visit. Today, everyone in my family, are going to baskin robbins in his memory.
Making a pledge to this project will not only give you an album to listen to- it will help find a cure for this Parkinson’s. Every dollar helps.
I believe in my art, I believe in my passion, I believe that together we can make a difference.

Respectfully,
Derek Evans
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/derekevans
http://www.derekevansmusic.com
Here is a video of a song I wrote for him after he passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join The Derek Evans Community!