Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Music With A Cause- Update 1- LEMON DROP

Hello Everyone, I wanted to take a moment to share something I did over weekend. I was asked to play at a "Lemon Drop" this past weekend. The founder of Lemons To Aid, Melissa Plaskoff, got me in contact with Corey Villicana who was hosting the event for www.soles4souls.org. The event was wonderful! Corey got so many different vendors involved who donated lemonade, food, etc. People from all over donated so many pairs of shoes, as well as, money to help ship the shoes. I believe when the event was over, we had a couple dozen boxes and garbage bags of shoes. I felt really special to be part of something with such a great cause. Below are some photos from the event. Music With A Cause is not only about raising money for an album. It is about making a life out of living. If there was anything I learned from my mother and grandfather it was to "make a life out of living." With music, I want people to be able to relate to me- whether it is by feeling ok to be different, or by having my music ease their stress. However, I want to make sure that while I am a musician I am educating others about wonderful organizations and causes- much like Lemons To Aid and the most recent event that I attended last Saturday. I played some very new songs, watched kids learn about the "art" of giving, and it reminded again of how capable we are as humans. I have so many exciting things to share going forward about the album and these organizations. Thank you so much for taking the time to learn about Music With A Cause. Please spread the word and make a pledge today. Together we can make a difference. Much Love, Derek Evans http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/derekevans/
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/derekevans/updates














1 comment:

  1. you're lovely. this was so much fun! Thanks Corey and Melissa for putting it on!

    ReplyDelete

Join The Derek Evans Community!