Saturday, August 14, 2010

Music With A Cause

Hi There. My name is Derek Evans. I have two passions in life. One is to play music and the other is involving myself with various causes. In 2006 I started a charity event called “Music With A Cause” and most recently I have become involved with Music Saves Mountains  and they even featured a song called "Audio Readers" I wrote about the cause. Over the past four years I have been touring full time and I have had the great fortune of sharing the stages with many artists like Jason Mraz, Blues Traveler, Everclear, Erin McCarley, Greg Laswell,  and many more. The biggest challenge I have had with being an independent musician is that I do not have any label or financial backing. I have decided to use Pledge Music as a tool to fulfill my two passions. I have set a goal to raise $6,000 to record my album and press my album. However, not all of that money will be going to me. I will be donating portions to Lemons To Aid. Lemons to Aid provides the tools for families around the world to host lemonade stands and other creative programs, such as read-a-thons, bake sales, etc. to raise money for disaster relief and other basic need causes. I will also be donating another portions to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, in honor of a good friend of mine who has been recently diagnosed with cancer. I wrote a song about his situation as well called "Breathe In Hope, Breathe Out Love". Lastly, I will be donating portions to the Michael J. Fox Foundation For Parkinsons Research, in memory of my grandfather Marvin Lee Churney.


PLease be sure to go to the http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/derekevans site for all the incentives.


Derek Evans
Find Me On Facebook
Find Me On Twitter
Live At The House Of Blues In San Diego

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join The Derek Evans Community!